Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr.fft_vcc usage in make_fft_sink_X

From: cswiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr.fft_vcc usage in make_fft_sink_X
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:34:13 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Eric Blossom wrote:

> serial_to_parallel and parallel_to_serial are format converters.
>
> The gr.fft_vcc block requires a vector of complex numbers for its
> input and produces a vector of complex numbers on its output.
> serial_to_parallel takes a stream of items and turns them into a
> stream of vectors.  parallel_to_serial is the inverse.

Ok - stuff like this runs:

        src = gr.sig_source_f (sample_rate,gr.GR_SIN_WAVE,440,1,0)
        s2p = gr.serial_to_parallel (gr.sizeof_float, fft_size)
        fft = gr.fft_vfc (fft_size,True,True)
        p2s = gr.parallel_to_serial (gr.sizeof_gr_complex, fft_size)
        dst = gr.file_sink (gr.sizeof_gr_complex, "fft_test")

now I just have to get a grasp on what, precisely, it means ;)

Appearently there are no(t yet) vector stream operators - such as add,
multiply ? Python would be too slow...

--Chuck