Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about sampling

From: Dinkar Bhat
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about sampling
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:28:26 -0500

Thanks for the info. One of my issues is the detection of the pilot frequency
(which is a specific frequency relative to the channel). Now, using FFT on the samples
that I captured using the ADC, I geta  certain frequency resolution (bin size) that is inversely
proportional to the the length of the ADC. But I might miss the pilot and hence I was wondering
if I should sample at much higher rate than 2* max frequency. Even then I might miss
the pilot, and I am wondering what is approach?

Dinkar