[Discuss-gnuradio] Carrier Tracking

From: Prateek Dayal
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Carrier Tracking
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:59:41 +0530

Hi,

I am interested in tracking the video carrier of the NTSC signal that
I have. The problem is that if I do not do any filtering and estimate
the phase, then the frequency correction that I apply has the effect
of nulling out the phase totally.

Can someone suggest me a way of generating a PLL or something. I
looked at the ATSC code and found that except for filtering and then
estimating the phase, the idea is the same. Can someone tell me what
kind of filtering is used there ?? Because if I apply a filter with
say 1khz cutoff, I get basically the same phase as without the filter,
which again nulls out the phase totally.

Regards

--
Prateek Dayal
B.Tech 4th Year