Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module named wx - another data point

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module named wx - another data point
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:44:52 -0700

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 02:33:38PM -0500, LRK wrote:

> Probably a clue here somewhere.
>
> 'import wx'  fails but  'import wxversion'  works
>
> Then I can select the version and get a different error:

OK.  Does the version of python that the wxPython binary was built
against match the version of python that you're using?  The python API
changes and extensions built against one version don't necessarily run
with another version.  I'm not sure how to check this.  On an RPM
based system they have different names.  E.g.,

  wxPython2.5-gtk2-ansi-2.5.5.1-mdk101_py2.3.i586.rpm

                        vs.

  wxPython2.5-gtk2-ansi-2.5.5.1-mdk101_py2.4.i586.rpm

Kind of a gnarly naming convention.

I ran into a similar problem myself in some of my code.  My import was
failing, and no error was indicated. Turned out that a shared library
required for the import to succeed was bad or missing.  Maybe there's
a way to get python to increase the diagnostics during import.  I don't know.

Eric