Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module named wx - another data point

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module named wx - another data point
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:48:50 -0700

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 11:24:22AM -0400, Robert W McGwier wrote:
> I am past the wx module.  It was just as suggested, I had python2.4
> first in line,
> wxpython was made for python2.3 (what a dummy) and it could not find it.
> Fixed here.
>
> Now I am onto usrp stuff, trying to get the burn-basic-eeprom to run.
>
> I got the following error message and follow on listings that might be of
> interest:
>
> macdel:/usr/local/src/gr-build/usrp/host/apps # ./burn-basic-eeprom
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./burn-basic-eeprom", line 23, in ?
>    from usrp_prims import *
> ImportError: No module named usrp_prims
> macdel:/usr/local/src/gr-build/usrp/host/apps # cd
> /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages
> macdel:/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages # ls
> .   __init__.py   __init__.pyo   _usrp_prims.la  gnuradio
> usrp_prims.pyc
> ..  __init__.pyc  _usrp_prims.a  _usrp_prims.so  usrp_prims.py
> usrp_prims.pyo
>

> Since they are there,  I  realized that the PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH
> prefixes
> are both pointing to /usr/lib and not /usr/local/lib.  This was easily
> remedied by re-doing
> the install directory for gnuradio python packages to the correct place
> for the site-packages
>
> /usr/lib

The solution I use is to point PYTHONPATH at

  /usr/local/lib/python<ver>/site-packages

I don't set PYTHONHOME.

> macdel:/usr/local/src/gr-build/usrp/host/apps # ./burn-basic-eeprom -a
> Can't find fpga bitstream: usrp_fpga.rbf
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./burn-basic-eeprom", line 118, in ?
>    ok = main (which, options.force)
>  File "./burn-basic-eeprom", line 84, in main
>    u = open_cmd_interface (0)
>  File "./burn-basic-eeprom", line 40, in open_cmd_interface
>    raise RuntimeError, "usrp_load_standard_bits"
> RuntimeError: usrp_load_standard_bits
>
> And I cannot find these bits at home, here, etc.
>
> Bob

usrp_load_standard_bits looks for two files: usrp_firmware.ihx and
usrp_fpga.rbf

usrp_firmware.ihx is built as part of the usrp build process.  Looks
like it found that one.  usrp_fpga.rbf comes prebuilt and is contained
in the usrp-X.Y.tar.gz tarball. They get installed into
{prefix}/share/usrp/rev2

Did you do a "make install" in usrp?

Eric