[Discuss-gnuradio] (no subject)

From: Anastasopoulos Achilleas
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:25:00 -0400 (EDT)

Let me make sure I understand this:

What exactly is happening in the FPGA on the Tx side?
My guess is that there a CIC interpolator that takes
the USB complex samples and interpolates them to a
complex stream  with 32Msps, ie, 64Msps (real).
Is this accurate?

Now assuming that {z_k} represents these complex samples,
then what exactly happens in the DAC?
My guess again is the following:
y_k = z_k exp(j 2 pi fcordic k),
ie, vector rotation as Matt pointed out in one of the emails
and then interpolate the complex {y_k} to 128Msps,
ie, 256 Msps real, and sends the real and imaginary part of this stream to
the I and Q analog ouptut respectively.
Is this accurate?

Thanks
Achilleas