Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrper fails in usb_claim_interface

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrper fails in usb_claim_interface
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:55:12 -0700

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 09:36:26PM -0400, James Cooley wrote:
> I am now seeing something like this one crop up, very annoying.
>
> Basically, I'm running in RX mode for a while. I stop running. I may
> unplug usrp, plug it in. Then:

When you unplug, are you unplugging from power and/or the usb?

> ====================
> usrp: found usrp rev2
> usrp_open_interface:usb_claim_interface: failed interface 2
> could not claim interface 2: No such file or directory
> usrp_basic_rx: can't open rx interface
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
> <snip python traceback stuff>
> ====================
>
> I've tried many things to try to work around it. Sometimes I've tried to
> reboot, but that doesn't *always* work. I should say, I'm running a few
> things off of USB... an external hard drive, the usrp, and a DB9 serial
> adapter thing.
>
> Can it be solved in the same way, rmmod usbtest? Or is there something
> else at work?
>
> -jamie

This doesn't sound like a usbtest problem.  That only shows up with
USRP motherboards that haven't had their EEPROM initialized.

Is there anything in the kernel logs?
/var/log/kernel/{errors,warnings,info}

What kernel are you running?

Haven't seen this before.  I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Eric