Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mirror for USRP-KNOPPIX

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mirror for USRP-KNOPPIX
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 17:52:41 -0700

Thanks for the tracker and torrent file, Mike!  I've seeded many
torrents, but didn't have a tracker handy.

The toad.com site is now offering up the Knoppix image on BitTorrent
as well as on HTTP.  So: if you are one of the fourteen people
currently trying to download it over my T1 line with a browser or
wget, switching to BitTorrent will not slow down your download, but
will speed it up.  (You'll get pieces from everyone else, as well as
from me.  BitTorrent will not re-download the part you already got
with wget.)  Here's the torrent file again:

   http://m0mik.org/gnuradio/torrents/knop-usrp-20050504.iso.torrent

You can get BitTorrent for any platform from http://bittorrent.com .

As I type this, only two people are downloading from BT, and there are
three complete seeds available.   The tracker gives current status:

  http://m0mik.org:6969/

        John