Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to find USRP

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to find USRP
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 18:41:04 +0930

On Saturday 14 May 2005 11:49, Eric Blossom wrote:
> On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 11:39:21AM +0930, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> > On Saturday 14 May 2005 02:19, Eric Blossom wrote:
> > > Obvious check #1:  Is the USRP plugged in and powered up?
> > >
> > > Did you update all CVS components and build them in the right order?
> > > I like using gr-build, because it keeps me from having to think too
> > > much about this kind of thing.  I just fire it off and walk away.
> > >
> > > Eric
> >
> > The building process was:
> >
> > 1.) gnuradio-core
> > 2.) usrp
> > 3.) gr-usrp
> > 4.) gr-wxgui
> > 6.) gr-audio-oss
> > 7.) gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
> >
> > This worked previously.
>
> Looks good to me.
>
> > Has there been any changes in the device naming  convention?
>
> No.

Ok, it's working again. I had to rebuild libusb after a kernel upgrade. The
usrp example script files run fine now. It seems to perform better than
previously. This prompted me to run the benchmark_usb.py script, which
unfortunately fails with the following message:

husky: {113} ./benchmark_usb.py
Testing 2MB/sec... TX d'board A: Basic Tx
usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Input/output error
TX d'board B: <none>
open_nth_cmd_interface: open_cmd_interface failed
usrp: failed to load firmware /usr/pkg/share/usrp/rev2/usrp_firmware.ihx.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./benchmark_usb.py", line 106, in ?
    main ()
  File "./benchmark_usb.py", line 96, in main
    ok = run_test (rate, verbose)
  File "./benchmark_usb.py", line 66, in run_test
    usrp_rx = usrp.source_s (0, rx_decim, 1, 0x32103210,
usrp.FPGA_MODE_LOOPBACK)
  File "/usr/pkg/lib/python2p3/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp.py", line 98, in
source_s
    return ((usrp0_source_s_stub, usrp1.source_s)[look_for_usrp(which)])
(which,*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/pkg/lib/python2p3/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp1.py", line 1250, in
source_s
    return _usrp1.source_s(*args)
RuntimeError: std::runtime_error

Is there anything that I need to do before running this script?
BTW: /usr/local/share/usrp has a softlink to  /usr/pkg/share/usrp, but I don't
beleive that this is the issue as other usrp scripts work fine.

I've a Rev. 2 USRP with 1 x Basic RX + TX

cheerio Berndt
--
Every man who says frankly and fully what he thinks is doing a public service.
[Leslie Stephen]