[Discuss-gnuradio] TAPR at the 2005 Dayton Hamvention

From: Steven Bible
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] TAPR at the 2005 Dayton Hamvention
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 20:56:51 -0700

Calling all Amateurs!

There's a lot happening in the TAPR community.  Come by the TAPR booth in
the East Hall 607,608,609 and see some of the new projects that are coming
out.

---------
GNU Radio
---------

Eric Blossom K7GNU and Matt Ettus N2MJI will be at the TAPR booth showing
off GNU Radio and the USRP.  Eric will be speaking at the TAPR Digital Forum
on Friday morning (see below).

For more information about GNU Radio see
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/ and USRP http://www.ettus.com.

-----------------------------
Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)
-----------------------------

Come see the VNA designed by Tom McDermott, N5EG, and Karl Ireland and
published in the July/August 2004 issue of QEX.  The VNA will soon be
produced by Ten-Tec.  For more information see
http://radio.tentec.com/Amateur/vna

-----------------
CT1DMK Reflock II
-----------------

Come see a working prototype of CT1DMK's Reflock II, a much improved version
of his very popular Reflock I.  For more information see
http://gref.cfn.ist.utl.pt/cupido/reflock.html

------------
W7PUA DSP-10
------------

Come see the DSP-10 designed by Bob Larkin, W7PUA.  Kits will be on sale.
For more information see http://www.proaxis.com/~boblark/dsp10.htm

----------------
Technical Forums
----------------

Friday - Room 1
9:00 - 10:15 APRS Forum
Moderated by Stan Horzepa, WA1LOU, Board Member, TAPR

Friday - Room 1
10:30 - 12:45 TAPR/Digital Forum
Moderated by John Ackermann, N8UR, President TAPR

10:30-11:00     Introduction and TAPR Update
-- John Ackermann, N8UR and Steve Bible, N7HPR
11:00-11:30     WinDRM Software for Digital Voice and Data
-- Mel Whitten, K0PFX
11:30-12:45     GnuRadio/Software Defined Radio
-- Eric Blossom, K7GNU

--------------------
Digital Bash Banquet
--------------------

Friday Evening 7:00 PM

Join us in an evening meal ($30) and a talk by Dave Toth, VE3GYQ, on
"Searching for Supernovas With Amateur Telescopes and the Internet".  Stop
by the TAPR booth to purchase a ticket and for a schedule and map.

----------------
Wireless Access
----------------

TAPR will be hosting a wireless access point at the TAPR booth.  Come by to
check up on your email or show off a project you are working on.  Set and
relax a while and chat with the TAPR community of experimenters.  We'll have
water and soda at the booth.  All we ask is to leave a little cash in the
cash jar to help offset the cost.

On the Web

You can also check on the web at http://www.tapr.org/dayton/.

CU THERE!