[Discuss-gnuradio] Data type for bits and symbols

From: rana nalla
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data type for bits and symbols
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:07:18 -0500

 Hi all,
           Iam new to GNUradio and I found it really interesting and
actually more useful. Iam working on modulators and demodulators right
now. Can anyone suggest me what is the data type for bits and symbols.
 There is block "bytes_to_symbols()" but I want to write a block for
"bits_to_symbols()" which I think is useful for all M-ary modulation
schemes. I am not sure if the block "bytes_to_symbols()" really serves
for this purpose.  Suggestions please.

 Thanx,
 Rana.