[Discuss-gnuradio] CVS update

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CVS update
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:03:31 -0700

I've made some changes to reduce latency.

I've added new start and stop methods to gr_block, the base class for
all signal processing blocks.  These methods can be used in blocks
that talk to i/o devices (e.g., usrp) to hold off starting data
transfers until the pipeline is really ready to go.

There are also changes in usrp and gr-usrp to take advantage of these
new methods.  The changes seem to be working pretty well.

Nothing changes in your python applications.  This all takes
place behind the scenes.

Since I've modified gr_block.h -- and everything depends on gr_block --
you'll need to update and rebuild all modules.

If you are using the usrp_standard C++ class WITHOUT using GNU Radio,
you will have to call the new start() method after instantiating your
usrp_standard_tx or usrp_standard_rx class.  If you don't, no data
will be transfered.

Thanks,
Eric