[Discuss-gnuradio] newbie cant get wxPy to work

From: jmdaniel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] newbie cant get wxPy to work
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:19:42 -0400

Hello,

I'm fairly new to gnuradio/unix/linux and have seemed to gotten through much
of the installation of gnuradio (thanks to this discussion) except for wxPy
which is giving me trouble.  Heres what happens when I try to import wx.

% python
Python 2.4 (#1, Apr 19 2005, 15:47:38)
[GCC 3.4.2 20041017 (Red Hat 3.4.2-6.fc3)] on linux2
>>> import Numeric
>>> import wx
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-ansi/wx/__init__.py",
line 42, in ?
    from wx._core import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-ansi/wx/_core.py", line
4, in ?
    import _core_
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx/_core_.so: undefined symbol:
PyUnicodeUCS4_AsEncodedString

I have looked over the "No module named wx" thread and seem to have a
different problem. I'm pretty certain that there is only one installation of
wx on my machine but I've been working on this off and on so that may be the
source of my wx headache.  Has anyone run into this error before that knows a
quick fix? if not how can I check to see if there are multiple installations
on my machine? Let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks,
John Daniel
Virginia Tech