Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ALSA audio source not working---why?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ALSA audio source not working---why?
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 04:52:36 -0700

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 11:42:56AM +0000, Henry Gernhardt III wrote:
> Eric---
>
> >Buggy ALSA driver.
>
> Perfect.  GNURadio side, or ALSA side?

ALSA side.

I've seen one other card -- don't remember which -- that has this problem.

Details: we ask the card's driver how many channels they'll support,
then we attempt to set one of the values they say works.  Then it fails
to set the number of channels.  A little hard to work around on our end.

> >What kind of a audio card are you using?
>
> I'm running an SBLive! Value 24, which uses the emu10k1 chipset.  All else
> seems to be working fine under ALSA.  As per another suggestion, I switched
> over to audio_oss, and that seems to be working fine.
>
> Thanks,
>
>        Henry C. Gernhardt, III
>        ke4pib

OK.