Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CVS build problem

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CVS build problem
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 08:52:51 -0700

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 09:31:23AM -0400, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> While stalled on the Debian install (see my other message),  I decided
> to bite the bullet and do a CVS download and build.  I'm having some
> problems on this Debian unstable system.
>
> When I do "./for-all-dirs ../buildit" I get a bunch of macro-related
> errors early on, and the bujild crashes due to "CXX" not being defined,
> apparently in gnuradio-core/src/libs/swig/Makefile.ac.  I've attached
> the output of the command.
>
> I downloaded the gnuradio-core tarball and manually doing:
>
> ./configure
> make
>
> on it works just fine, with no significant errors.
>
> Help!
>
> John

[Monday morning debian rant...] I think you're semi-doomed if you're
using debian.  There are others out there with other opinions, but the
vast majority of build problems we see are associated with debian.

On to your problem...

Are the versions of automake, autoconf and libtool that you have
installed at least at the versions that are called for in the README?

Are you able to build any other programs that uses the autotools?

Eric