Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The power of N log N

From: Lamar Owen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The power of N log N
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:54:34 -0400

On Monday 13 June 2005 16:36, Eric Blossom wrote:
> Matt and I had quite the hack-a-thon over the past few days.

Yeah, been tracking CVS on a machine here, and noticed a load of differences.
One quick question: now that tweak_adc_offset is no longer in the repository,
is the ADC DC offset automatic?  I still see a DC spike in the FFT output.

> * Support for large FFT's

In the large FFT case, I notice that the resulting trace is significantly
thicker, and it doesn't seem to average out.  I'll have to look, but an
'fft_smoothing' argument (to thin the trace) would be what I'd need to get
the resolution I need.

> * The FFT sink display is now normalized by the number of bins, so
>   that changing the number of bins doesn't change the displayed result.

Yes, it's nice to see 0dB and negatives again.

> * All the examples were examined and all calls to fftsink were
>   changed to use the new prefered keywork argument form.  This makes
>   available additional functionality not accessible through the legacy
>   interface.  Details of the new interface are in fftsink.py

Have to look at this, since my code is based on a previous usrp_fft.py.

You forgot the PowerMate control capabilities in the tvrx examples, as well as
the tvrx cleanup.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology