[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Clarifications regarding USRP

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Clarifications regarding USRP
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:15:07 -0700

\

> 1.    What are steps by which we can successfully install the USRP on
> Linux? And how can we test it?

These are well detailed on:

http://www.kd7lmo.net/ground_gnuradio_install.html

> 2.    How to set the sampling rates for both AF and RF frequencies?

There are many example programs.  Please read those.

> 3.    What are the factors on which the sampling rate depends in USRP?

The USRP samples at 64 MS on receive.  You then decimate that down by a
factor of 8 to 256.  Then the rest is done in software

> 4.    Is this sampling rate is standard always or we can change
> according to our requirement?

You set it for your requirements

> 5.    How can we set the Target frequency and on what factors it
> depends?

See the examples.

> USRP related functions query:
>

> 6.    What is the purpose of set_mux() function?

It controls which ADC converters you are connected to.