Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] NTSC Demo

From: Prateek Dayal
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] NTSC Demo
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:55:22 -0700

Hi,

Actually with the color subcarrier at 3.58 Mhz, the color bandwidth
should go upto 4.08 Mhz but if we try to limit signal due to this, we
run into a problem because of finite filter roll offs .. it is not
necessary to interpolate to 2x .. we could interpolate to 1.5 x and
get the work done .. I just interpolated it to 2x because it was
easier that time for me to do it ...

we can however do this ....

orig signal --> supress audio (either at baseband or passband) --> 1.5
x --> get the picture carrier to baseband --> video

in fact even for audio decoding we should be able to put a bandpass
filter and then run the quad_demod script .. only thing we will have
to compensate for the audio_carrier term in the phase but that is just
simple maths ...  this way we save the cost of downconversion ... this
filtering for audio decoding can be done with IIR filter as they save
computational cost and also there will be no effect of envelope
distortion on FM deociding ...

Regards

prateek