Re: GigE (was Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DSP based SDR)

From: David Carr
Subject: Re: GigE (was Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DSP based SDR)
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:32:52 -0500

Lets say that we use UDP/RTP.  Most non connection-oriented protocols
involve an application layer connection control scheme.  For TX, each
packet has a number and the device NACKs a packet if it is received when
the buffer is full.  The host then retries NACKed packets at a given
interval and gives up if not successful after N tries.  This is still a
lot lighter than a TCP stack (and could be done in an FPGA).

-David Carr