[Discuss-gnuradio] Help needed for FM reception using USRP Basic Rx

From: Naveen Manicka
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help needed for FM reception using USRP Basic Rx
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:18:28 -0400

I am trying get the FM reception working using the USRP board with a Basic Rx daughter board. I am able to receive most AM stations pretty well using "am_rcv.py", but when I run the "wfm_rcv_gui.py" all I am able to hear from the speakers is constant noise in varying intensities. Reading some posts about the same, I bought a Terk Tower antenna with an inbuilt amplifier to see if that solves the reception issue. But I am still getting only garble as the fm output. Am I missing something?

Also, are there any existing examples which demonstrate the communication capabilities between 2 USRP boards? i.e Tx/Rx from one board to another simulating 2 mobile nodes.
If not, any pointers as to how to write an example which does the above?

Thanks,
Naveen

Naveen Manicka
Dept. of Computer and Information Sciences,
University of Delaware