Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to run tests

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to run tests
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:20:20 -0700

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 07:52:21PM +0000, n4hy wrote:
> All of my usual tricks to get past these test failures now fail.  This
> seems to be the heart of the problem in the tests in gnuradio-core
>

>    import _gnuradio_swig_python
> ImportError:
> /usr/local/src/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src/lib/swig/.libs/_gnuradio_swig_python.so:
>
> undefined symbol: _Z21gr_make_float_to_charv
>

> I have been skipping the tests for a while on gnuradio-core and forcing
> the install.  I am at a place where I am no longer comfortable doing
> this without an explanation of what is happening.
>
> Bob

Was this the output of "make check" in gnuradio-core, or were you
trying to run a qa_*.py by hand from the command line?  If the latter,
you'll need to have done a make install before that will work.  ("make
check" (actually run_tests) jacks around with PYTHONPATH so that it
explicitly references the NON-INSTALLED version of libgnuradio-core)

Is your build tree up-to-date?
The thing it's claiming is missing was added on July 30, 2005
(gnuradio-core/src/lib/general/gr_float_to_char.{h,cc,i})

Eric