[Discuss-gnuradio] tv_sync block in the make

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] tv_sync block in the make
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 05:50:07 +0200

Hi all,
I am working on a tv_sync block.
The code needs a big cleanup but it does sync.
I only have vertical sync enabled for the moment (less processing power)
But because all tv-stations have a very stable sync and the usrp has a stable
sampling freq, you get nice aligned pictures.

I captured a few seconds of a dutch PAL tvstation.
sample results are at:
http://www.olifantasia.com/pub/projects/gnuradio/mdvh/tv_sync/images/
foo.gray is the demodulated tv-signal which I feed into the tv-sync block
(few seconds capture of a dutch PAL tvstation, captured at 4MSPS, interpolated
to 12 MSPS, unsigned char)
you can look at it using the imagemagick display tool
display -depth 8 -size 768x625 foo.gray

the result is in tv_sync.gray
display -depth 8 -size 768x625 tv_sync.gray

press space to see the next frame
(first frame is cluttered because the sync is not locked yet)

In a future version I will remove the blanking information from the resulting
image
(or maybe make a seperate block for this)

You can look at the non-finished cluttered code and a python example of how to
use it at:
http://www.olifantasia.com/pub/projects/gnuradio/mdvh/tv_sync

greetings,
Martin