[Discuss-gnuradio] Libalsa2-devel

From: Moir, Tom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Libalsa2-devel
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:49:29 +1200

Can somebody tell me if Libalsa2-devel is for Mandrake only and that for other
Linux systems we have to use LIBASOUND2-DEV? I cannot find Libalsa2-devel for
Fedora 3 and keep getting a 'cannot import name buffer' error when compiling
the GNU radio core. Namely

---------------------------

  File "/root/gr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/flow_graph.py", line
26 , in ?
    from gnuradio_swig_python import buffer, buffer_add_reader, block_detail, \
ImportError: cannot import name buffer

-------------------------------------

also this earlier in the compile

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_alsa.py", line 23, in ?
    from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
  File "/root/gr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/__init__.py", line 29,
in ?
    from flow_graph import *
  File "/root/gr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/flow_graph.py", line
26 , in ?
    from gnuradio_swig_python import buffer, buffer_add_reader, block_detail, \
ImportError: cannot import name buffer

At least I think that I need the -DEV library but am unsure what the cause of
this error is.

Thanks

Tom