[Discuss-gnuradio] output level of basic tx is very very low

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] output level of basic tx is very very low
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 02:56:53 +0200

Hi,
What output voltage level should I expect from the basic tx?

The docs say it delivers maximum 20 mA into 25 or 50 ohm.

At 50 ohm this should result in 1.0 V max.

The most I can get out of it is 50 mV

(looked using oscilloscope, also put it into the composite video-input of a tv and this also saw very small signals (much less then the 1V signals a tv expects)

I used the usrp_siggen.py example.
I added code to put the pga gain at maximum and used the standard amplitude
value (and also tried 30e3)

I also tried using the TX-B slot but I got the same results, maximum 50 mV.

What am I missing here.
Or should I suspect a hardware failure (of both dacs, of the reference voltage,
of the basic-tx board) ?

greetings,
Martin