Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] output level of basic tx is very very low

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] output level of basic tx is very very low
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:33:10 -0700

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 02:56:53AM +0200, Martin Dvh wrote:
> Hi,
> What output voltage level should I expect from the basic tx?
>
> The docs say it delivers maximum 20 mA into 25 or 50 ohm.
>
> At 50 ohm this should result in 1.0 V max.
>
> The most I can get out of it is 50 mV

This is what I get too.

> What am I missing here.
> Or should I suspect a hardware failure (of both dacs, of the reference
> voltage, of the basic-tx board) ?

The output signal level on the Basic Tx d'boards is lower than Matt or
I expected.  We would appreciate any trouble shooting help you can
provide.  It's possible that the termination isn't correct or has the
wrong values, etc on the daughterboard.  Please take a look at the
schematics and let us know what you think.

If you've got any questions, ask away
A much larger output signal would be great!

Eric