Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DCC this Week!

From: Stuart Brorson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DCC this Week!
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:13:45 -0400 (EDT)

Steve --

Thanks for the e-mail!

> Please tell us about gEDA and some projects that have come from it.

The gEDA project includes a schematic capture program which netlists
to over 20 different netlist formats (e.g. SPICE, Protel, and the gEDA
project's own PCB tool "PCB", sometimes called "gPCB"), a couple of
different simulators (SPICE, Verilog, mixed-mode simulation (Gnucap)),
PCB layout (up to 8 layers, no component or board size limitations,
includes autorouter), Gerber viewer, and various utilties.

Matt Ettus, who is the designer of GNU Radio's USRP, apparently did at
least some of the USRP's boards using gEDA.  He also contributed code
to the project.   I'll let him speak for himself about his activities.

As for projects done with it, there are many, including:  Single board
computer, boards for a weather station, a DSP board for GNU radio
(different from Matt's), a SCSI controller, a free-space optical link
(Ronja project), and on and on.  Here is a page of example projects:

http://geda.seul.org/links.html

> Maybe we can see you at next years DCC?

Sure!  I'd love to present!  Where's it going to be?  I am located in
Boston, but am loathe to travel anywhere I can't reasonably drive
to. . . .

Stuart