Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio CVS-current vmcirbuf problems

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio CVS-current vmcirbuf problems
Date: 12 Oct 2005 19:51:21 -0400

I looked in NetBSD libc, and see no evidence of shm_open.  I did find
some messages that indicated that mmap with MAP_SHARED|MAP_ANON can
more or less do what shm_open does, although that's not what the man
page says.  I don't fully grasp shm_open (TOG web page was not fully
enlightening), but mmap as used above should be able to have multiple
calls map the same anonymous memory region, just using a filename for

to get this if the url gets mangled, google('shm_open netbsd'), and
look at first google groups hit.

I'm just starting to get up to speed on the codebase; I'll try to look
at this soon.

        Greg Troxel <address@hidden>