Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module name gnuradio

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module name gnuradio
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:29:26 -0700

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 07:58:25PM -0600, Robitaille, Michael wrote:
> First I want to tank everyone for there inputs.
>
> Some background, I am installing it on FC4 per the instruction given at
> KD7LMO's.  I am using FC4 because at my initial research, the KD7LMO's
> seemed the most detailed and mentioned that it was done on FC3.  Linux is
> new to me, I have experience in programming on Sun operating system and Unix
> from a long time ago.

Glad you are making progress.

If you're committed to FC4, I guess you should tough it out.  Others
of us, who prefer a more stable and tested environment, use either
Mandrake (now Mandriva), SuSE or RHEL.  Fedora Core users are
effectively alpha testers for stuff headed into Red Hat Enterprise
Linux.  Personally I'm more interested in solving my problems than
sorting out Fedora Core, so I stay away, having been burned more than
once by it.

SuSE's sysadmin tool, YAST, is the best I've seen so far.

Eric