Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where is the output enabled of rx reference clock

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where is the output enabled of rx reference clock for dbsrx
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:47:04 -0700

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 02:44:51AM +0200, Martin Dvh wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to enable sync input and output pins and are looking for where the
> these should be set.
> In my search for examples, I looked for the place where the output is
> enabled for the 4Mhz reference clock, which is output on io[0] for some
> daughterboards, like the dbsrx.
>
> But I can't seem to find where this output is enabled.

Secret's revealed!!

The daughterboard handling code sets it.
See db_flexrf.py for example usage.  Search for refclk

>From fpga_regs_standard.h:

// Control whether a reference clock is sent to the daughterboards,
// and what frequency
//
// Bit 7  -- 1 turns on refclk, 0 allows IO use
// Bits 6:0 Divider value

#define FR_TX_A_REFCLK          40
#define FR_RX_A_REFCLK          41
#define FR_TX_B_REFCLK          42
#define FR_RX_B_REFCLK          43

We really ought to machine generate the python equivalent.
We already generate a verilog equivalent.

Eric