Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] setgid directories / usb permissions

From: Robitaille, Michael
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] setgid directories / usb permissions
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 15:45:22 -0700

Eric replied

> Please remind me which distribution you're using.  FC4?

Yes, it's FC4.

> Generally speaking, having to run as root reflects a permission problem on
/proc/bus/usb/ and files below.

Yes it is.  I made a group ( I don't seem to have a usb group build in FC4)
and change the group for the /proc/bus/usb directories and files to that
group.  I also changed the permission to the same level that root has.  I
was then able to run the usrp examples without being root; however, when I
reboot the computer, the /proc/bus/usb files are back to the original
setting.  I tried using fstab settings and they don't seem to affect
anything.

Mike