[Discuss-gnuradio] Reflection Vector Analyzer

From: cswiger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reflection Vector Analyzer
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:28:39 -0500 (EST)

Gang - My Vector Analyzer works amazingly well enough that I put up
a brag page:

http://webpages.charter.net/cswiger/phase/reflection_smith/smith_chart.html

that is to say, I plug in a 1nF cap and it reads -9.95e-10 (995pF), plug
in a 1.5uH inductor and it reads 1.59E-6.  Essentially it measures
Gamma, computes resistance and reactance from Gamma and the system
impedance (50 ohms), then computes component values from the reactance
and frequency. Also draws a Smith chart in real time.

Still needs a calibration and compensation system - in progress.

--Chuck