Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Linux version of Quartus II kit?

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Linux version of Quartus II kit?
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 05:46:18 +0100

Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:40, David R. Palchak wrote:
>
>>Am I right in assuming that a modified FPGA design needs to
>>be compiled using the Quartus II toolchain?  I ask because
>>as near as I can tell, the only free version of the Quartus
>>II software requires a windows setup (which I don't have).
>>Has anyone found an alternative solution?
>

> It might work under Wine.
I tried it under wine.
Didn't succeed (yet).
I think wine has problems with the copy-protection driver/hardware tricks
quartus tries to use.

If you know how to "patch" software to remove crashing features you might
succeed.

Now I am rebooting all the time between windows and linux.
This is because I also am modifying the fpga design (using quartus II web for
windows) but test gnuradio under linux most of the time.
(Because it compiles faster under linux then under mingw)

Anybody else a success story?

Greetings,
Martin