Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] linux dsp development environments

From: Darrell Harmon
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] linux dsp development environments
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:11:31 -0500

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 02:21:03AM -0600, David Carr wrote:
> Does anyone know of any semi-modern DSP platforms that have a good
> linux/open source development chain?  To clarify I'm looking for
> relatively low end DSPs that can worked with in a linux environment
> rather than DSPs which run linux.
>
> Thanks,
> David Carr

I am using the Analog Devices Blackfin with GCC. The blackfin is fairly
high end. My board has a single core at 390MHz, and there is a dual
core part that can run 750MHz. I am not using Linux on it, but an
developing my own RTOS which should be ready within the next month.
The SDR board using this is still a work in progress. I should be
building a prototype soon.

--
Darrell Harmon
http://dlharmon.com/dspcard