[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Memory

From: Elaine Garbarine
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Memory
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:22:19 -0500

Hello again,

Now that I finally have my GNU Radio installations working properly I've got
some questions about the USRP that I'm hoping you guys could help me out
with.  I want to develop a system using the USRP in conjunction with a DSP
board to build a Software Defined Radio testbed.  I'm curious if the USRP
has any sort of memory at all.  I need to be able to buffer at least one
packet (not sure how big that will be just yet) while I do a bit of
processing on the FPGA before farming the data out to my DSP for further
processing.

Also, could you guys tell me if it would be at all possible to modify the
Verilog code such that it sends and receives data over a group of the GPIO
pins accessible via the headers on the Daughterboards instead of sending the
data out of the USB2.0 interface?

Many thanks for all of the help you guys have provided.

-Elaine Garbarine