Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio on Windows

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio on Windows
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 00:30:23 +0100

Hi Chris,

On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 03:26:29PM -0500, Robert Roberts wrote:
> Is there anyone out there working with GNURadio on Windows with the USRP?

Disclaimer: I'm not using the USRP on Windows, just lending a hand in
porting the code. Among the lurker on the list, are there any
Windows gurus who can help better, starting with, for example,
beta-testing the Windows Installer Martin kindly released?
Rem: no need to own an USRP to try out GNU Radio on Windows.

> The current install files from Martin have one issue with the way that I
> install them.  When I attempt to run any of the USRP code it looks for
> the usrp_prims.dll in the C:\Python24\site-packages directory.  The
> installer places that file in C:\Program Files\USRP\bin   Copying the
> file fixes this.

Was the C:\Program Files\USRP\bin directory in your PATH?

> The audio is very choppy with the WFM_RCV example. I found that going
> into the Task Manager and setting Pythons priority to "real time" fixes
> this better.   Are there any other tweaks out there?

Perhaps not enough buffering? Having source/sink in threads helps sometimes.
Martin will have better insight on the topic.

Cheers,
--
Stephane