[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stereo gain "hacked"

From: n4hy
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stereo gain "hacked"
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:19:13 -0500
User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.6 (Windows/20050716)

The stereo separation is pretty awesome. However on stations that are full quieting with monoaural transmissions, the stereo demultiplexer is introducing hiss. On really strong stations, it is hard to hear. The deemphasis has been removed from the processing chain while I try and figure out why I do not get adequate stereo demultiplexing when using it. I will continue to study this until I have the solution. My real jobs right now are a) phased array, b) portaudio, and c) IIR filter design but I just love music so much I couldn't resist but this will have to slide in priority. I need to meet Eric/Matt's priority list! One other aggro: RDS is a bunch of money grubbing bandits. I've found some open source but it will require massage and modification. What we need is some GUI genius to give us a decent skin and then we can display the RDS messages as they pass by on our fancy radio! ;-) Next after getting the hiss down and/or the deemphasis sorted out, will be to "squelch" the stereo demux if the pilot is not strong enough or present.


Charles Swiger wrote:

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 15:23 -0500, Charles Swiger wrote:
On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 13:57 -0500, Robert W McGwier wrote:
As an interim to "really" solving the problem. I hacked the gains on the carrier and stereo DSBSC signal.

Bob - I found my major malfunction was not updating gnuradio-core
(and hence blksimpl/wfm_rcv_pll.py). NOW stereo FM sounds awesome!


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]