Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] byte-wide ADC transfers

From: Clark Pope
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] byte-wide ADC transfers
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 18:10:41 -0500

In rx_buffer.v I see the 8-bit transfer mode but it only seems to me that it allows doubling the number of channels transferred not doubling the rate on the two channels? I want to get 16 MHz bandwidth into my PC. I am able to run 8 MHz, 16-bit I/Q fine in usrp_fft.py so I figured I should be able to do 16 Mhz, 8-bit I/Q since it is the same byte rate over USB but I still can't get it to work.

i.e.

  always @*

    if(bitwidth == 5'd8)

      case(store_next)

         4'd1 : begin

            fifodata[7:0] = ch_0[15:8];

            fifodata[15:8] = ch_1[15:8];

         end

         4'd2 : begin

            fifodata[7:0] = ch_2[15:8];

            fifodata[15:8] = ch_3[15:8];

         end

seems to me that selecting 8-bit sends Ch0-3 whereas 16-bit sends Ch0-1?

I still haven't tracked down why the make_format isn't showing up either, btw.

Thanks,
Clark