Fwd: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] math range error?

From: joe j
Subject: Fwd: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] math range error?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:06:24 -0800 (PST)

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://mail.yahoo.com

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] math range error? Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:05:44 -0800 (PST)
I'm trying to take the phase difference between two signals and combining it back with one signal's magnitude - using this for a radar project and I'm using 2 signals.  The first signal is the signal I get back from reflection and the second is my reference signal (I subtract the phase from my reference signal to the signal collected then put it back with the original magnitude, I get the actual signal) - main goal is to get doppler spectrum.

JC
Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 01:09:17PM -0800, joe j wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm currently working on angle manipulation from "Angle manipulation & other concerns" (earlier postings). Whenever I use scopesink.py and fftsink.py functions to graph data, I getting math range error - not sure why. Here's the exact error message I got:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/root/gr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/wxgui/scopesink.py", line 399, in format_data
> self.Draw (graphics, xAxis=x_range, yAxis=self.y_range)
> File "/root/gr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/wxgui/plot.py", line 879, in Draw
> graphics.scaleAndShift(scale, shift)
> File "/root/gr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/wxgui/plot.py", line 356, in scaleAndShift
> o.scaleAndShift(scale, shift)
> File "/root/gr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/wxgui/plot.py", line 149, in scaleAndShift
> self.scaled = scale*self.points+shift
> OverflowError: math range error

You're probably trying to plot some NaN's or Inf's. Not sure where
they might come from (division?). On the other hand, if what you're
trying to get is the angle, just run the output the multiplier into
gr.complex_to_arg(). No need for mag or div.

Eric

--- End Message ---