Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wiki spam

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wiki spam
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:21:22 -0800

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 03:00:32PM -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Monday 13 March 2006 18:40, Matt Ettus wrote:
> > I have updated the Wiki with 3 new pages, all linked from the main USRP
> > page,
> >
> >     http://comsec.com/wiki?UniversalSoftwareRadioPeripheral
>
> Man, that page attracts the most WikiSpam... Whoever RichardP is, he's a
> watcher, that's for sure....

RichardP runs bots that attempt to fix wikispam on UseMod wikis.  The
bots are right almost all the time, though sometimes they make a
mistake.

> Although the last two defacements have been information truncations, deleting
> most of the information.
>
> Eric, I know the philosophy behind Wiki's, but, is it possible to combat the
> wikispam in some way?

My current thought it to install the media wiki infrastructure and
then find a volunteer to convert the UseMod wiki data into media wiki.
Mediawiki's got lots of wikispam defenses, including those wiggly
letters you have to enter in to a form in order to post.

Does any one out there have experience with media wiki (or want to get
some), and would like to help out?

Eric