[Discuss-gnuradio] portaudio

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] portaudio
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:03:18 -0500

We are very close with the portaudio but not quite there with the stuff but what I am seeing says to me this is going to be a real winner. We are having the usual ring buffer and other simple arithmetic problems. Stephane made a good start doing 85% of the logical work and 100% of the grunt work in that he built almost all of the required portaudio API glue. For those experimenting with portaudio please use pa_mono_tone.py and pa_multi_tone.py. You will see that mono_tone.py and multi_tone.py have been returned to their original ALSA only condition. The only work happening at the moment is on the sink code. Eric has kindly modified omnithreads to give us a binary semaphore that should be reasonably spiffy on Windows, OSX, and Linux since (for example) Windows does not do futexes, etc.

Right now, audio_portaudio_sink.py has GABBY_DEBUG defined. You will see lots of output as a result. The reason for this is to aid us in parsing what portaudio gets back from its interrogation of the hosts. I ran the code with some glitches on many different hosts today.

That sink code is not yet fully functional but we are close. Once the sink is sorted out, the source will be next.

Bob