[Discuss-gnuradio] registers on FPGA

From: amit malani
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] registers on FPGA
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:17:14 -0500

i hve 2 questions
There some registers 32 of the which are common registers 64 to 79 are for custom use.
what I understood all of them are written that is set from the host.  none of them is read from host. Is there any way by which I could communicate some message to host from FPGA.

If it is, then will the host need to pull the message..i mean keep polling or is it pushed from the USB controller may be by raising an interrupt.

also,
I wish to implement 2 buffers for one tx path on the FPGA. this could be done by putting multiplexer and demultiplexer across the buffers and select the needed one by setting the line select lines.
Am thinking of doing this by configuring the user defined registers to do the line selects.

my qestion is can we access those registers from time to time and set and reset them as and when needed? or is it just at the start only so that once they are set thats the final?
am attaching a rough sketch of intended design.