Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bug in usrp_rx_cfile.py?

From: ldoolitt
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bug in usrp_rx_cfile.py?
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:53:46 -0800

Friends -

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 01:08:24PM -0800, Eric Blossom wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 12:11:01PM -0800, John Windish wrote:
> > I think I have found a bug in usrp_rx_cfile.py... [chop], it
> > looks to me like usrp_rx_cfile.py begins to capture data BEFORE the
> > new parameters for the capture are set-up.
>
> I've heard similar reports in the past.
>
> The problem won't be in usrp_rx_cfile.  It'll be somewhere in the
> usrp_standard / fusb_linux / FX2 firmware / FPGA code.  There's
> probably some buffer that's not flushed when the USRP is closed or
> opened.

I ran into this in my work, that is derived from USRP.
Resetting n-1 buffers isn't good enough.  :-p
You have to reset the FPGA buffer, the Cypress FX buffer,
and the host USB stack.  My model code is at
  http://recycle.lbl.gov/~ldoolitt/xguff.html

> For a work-around, I suggest you drop the first 1M samples.

I did this for a while, and got tired of it.

    - Larry