Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SuSE 10.1B6

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SuSE 10.1B6
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:25:35 +1030

On Friday 31 March 2006 08:36, Eric Blossom wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 08:57:27AM +1030, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> > > Get the for-pay version, not the downloadable version.
> > > It's got almost everything you need.
> > >
> > > See
> > > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2006-03/msg00057.htm
> >
> > or download SUSE-10.1B6 or later
>
> Hi Berndt,
>
> Does 10.1B6 include more of what we need?
>
> It seemed from your earlier description that the free 10.0
> distribution was quite lacking.

The SUSE-10.0 distribution that came with the Linux magazine lacked many
common packages including gcc. I had to either download or even build missing
packages by hand.

SUSE-10.1B6 is pretty much complete and only required me to build a couple of
packages that are not part of the distribution (can't remember but think it
was sdcc).

It should be too much longer until SUSE-10.1 is released and definitely worth
the wait (its currently SUSE-10.1B9).

cheerio Berndt