Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] My First HDTV screenshot from USRP

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] My First HDTV screenshot from USRP
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 22:05:52 -0400

Amen:

There are many of us who can help push this across the finish line and think this is a neat application but it might as well be closed source in its current state.

Bob

Eric Blossom wrote:

The conversion makes sense - however I cannot get gnuradio-0.9/atsc_rx
to compile (yet).

<soapbox-mode>

  You know, I wish you guys would quit screwing around with the 0.9
  code, and instead help us *all* move forward by investing some time
  in porting it to 2.x.  The framework is already set up, and the
  first 4 blocks have been ported and tested.  I'd really like some
  people to step up and finish it off.  It's in CVS under gr-atsc.
  We've also got *much* faster filtering algorithms in 2.x.  We might
  even be able to get it running in real time on a dual processor
  machine.  Today's machines are a lot faster than when we first wrote it.

</soapbox-mode>

Let me know if you've got any questions.

Eric