[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: TX/RX simultaneously using one USRP board

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: TX/RX simultaneously using one USRP board
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:06:22 -0700

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 01:47:00PM -0400, Dawei Shen wrote:
> Hi, Eric and other friends
>
> Now I am working on a project that requires simutaneous TX/RX within
> one usrp board. I equip too FLEX400 daughter cards on one USRP board.

Why do you need two Flex 400's?

> What I am trying to do is to use the TX to retransmit (i.e. relay)
> what the USRP has received from the RX. Is it doable under the current
> framework of GNU Radio?

Yes it's possible.  No problem.  Only takes a single Flex 400, unless
you're trying to relay RX-A and RX-B at the same time.

  u_rx = usrp.source(0, ...)
  u_tx = usrp.sink(0, ...)

Then carry on as usual.

I'd start with a single Flex 400 that reads from the RX and then sends
to the TX.  You're probably going to need some kind of squelch or
power detection to determine whether or not to transmit.  In the
simple minded first cut, just send zeros when you don't want to transmit.