[Discuss-gnuradio] Question about how GNURadio interacts with the linux

From: Naveen Manicka
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about how GNURadio interacts with the linux kernel
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:21:47 -0400

Hi everybody,

I am trying to understand how GNUradio interacts with the kernel to send and receive data packets using the tunnel communication example.

Since we don’t recompile the kernel when installing gnuradio, the USRP board is just recognized as a USB device.

So, after setting up the static routes (the gr0 and gr1 in the tunnel example) how is the data packet handed to the gnuradio?

Also, If I want to implement a different MAC protocol in GNURadio… how do I go about it?

Thank you,

Naveen

Naveen Manicka
DEGAS Networking Group