[Discuss-gnuradio] inputs with different samplerates

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] inputs with different samplerates
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 03:28:58 +0200

Hi all,

Is there any way for a block to process two signals at different samplerates?

In my work for videodemodulation and synchronisation with gnuradio I need to
process two versions of the data in the same block.

I need the original samplestream at 8 MSPS.
I also need a decimated/lowpassed version of the same signal at a much lower
samplerate.

I can't connect the original and the decimated version to the same block can I.

The only thing I can do is leave out the decimation, but this would increase
the computational needs enormously.

Is there any trick for doing this.

My only other solution is to reimplement the decimating fir-filter block inside
my new block.

greetings,
Martin