Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] depad for atsc 2

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] depad for atsc 2
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 01:13:11 +0200

Charles Swiger wrote:
> I just added atsc_depad to cvs gr-atsc.
>
> The 2.x code worked thru derandomizer, but the output was
> atsc_mpeg_packet padded out to 256, which xine/mplayer won't
> play. Kludging atsc_mpeg_packet pad to 0 in atsc_types.h
> worked with a warning from gnuradio about output not being
> a power-of-2.  atsc_depad reads padded atsc_mpeg_packets
> and writes 188 byte char packets. That function might be
> better built into derandomizer anyway.
>
> Also put the 0.9 boundary checking in the atsc_viterbi_decoder.
> That was causing problems getting past bumps in the input
> signal like usrp overrun dropped packets.
>
> Also added the missing gr_agc.h for atsc_fpll.
gr_agc.h is still in gnuradio-2.x but it was renamed to gri_agc.h 4 months ago.
The i was added to make it consistent with the rest of the gnuradio framework,
to distinguish flowgraph blocks from helper function objects (gri_agc is a
helper object).

At the same time a compex agc was added as gri_agc_cc.h

These are now also used in the gr_agc_cc and gr_agc_ff blocks.

Greetings,
Martin