Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bandwidth for USRP

From: Jason Hecker
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bandwidth for USRP
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:35:24 +1000

doesn't it look like the USB 2.0 is a heavily constraining bottleneck?
Yes, USB2.0 is the bottleneck.
And, if I'm not wrong about this, will it be possible in the future to
have a USRP <--> PC interface which doesn't limit us so much.

Would something like a dedicated PCI LVDS card be a viable option? My exposure to FPGA's is only with Virtex-2's but do the Altera ones you use on the USRP allow easy interfacing to LVDS signalling?