[Discuss-gnuradio] selecting frequency for different daughterboards

From: David Scaperoth
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] selecting frequency for different daughterboards
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:10:29 -0400

hey all,

I have been updating some simple examples for receiving and transmitting FM signals I have made by adding option parsers in the scripts.

I was trying to make sure that when a daughterboard was selected (using the options parser), that if an invalid frequency was used (for example, if I tried to receive 100MHz with the RFX400), I would want to raise some kind of assertion error...or something.

well, I noticed that in the subdevice attributes there is the function "freq_range"

this works great for everything except the Basic Rx / Tx which gives me a range of 0-90GHz!! in increments of 1e-6!

I was thinking that this range reflects the values that the LO is capable of producing and using for down/up conversion, but in the source code you have used these crazy large numbers to suggest that any value can be used (for recieving and transmitting)...and on some level that's correct...for these daughter boards. Why not just 0-44MHz (which I think is the range)?

any help would be most appreciated.

thanks

david scaperoth